Saturday, February 15, 2020

Hootsuite Academy Intro and Blah (CIS-141 Week 4)

It's been a rough week for me as a human, which is why I am submitting this blog post so late. Last Sunday, my beloved cat of 6 years passed away tragically. Tuesday, I had to appear in custody court for my divorce (small victory) and then ended the week being sick. I'm very low energy so it was hard to motivate myself to sit down and write something. At any rate, here I am. I hope all of your weeks have been better than mine.





















RIP Rigby Davies 2/9/20

My thoughts on using Hootsuite are positive and it isn't the first time I have experience using it. We used it often for when we were planning NEPA BlogCon to schedule tweets and Facebook posts.














NEPA BlogCon's logo

At the time we were planning the conference, there were four of us, and it turns out (or at least was the case at the time) that you could only link one Twitter account to one Hootsuite account which made it impossible for all users in the group to use it. We eventually setup and migrated over to Tweetdeck for scheduling tweets. With my personal accounts, I don't really have the need to schedule pre-programmed content so much.

I did sit through all of the Hootsuite videos which I found to be a little basic for me (specifically chapter 1 & 2), but I do think it would be good information for beginners to social media, or those looking to build their online portfolios. I cannot wait to continue through with the program and attempt the certification. I think that is a good item to have on a resume or a LinkedIn profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment