Sunday, March 15, 2020

Life Updates and the Coronavirus (CIS-141 Week 8)


It looks like we're about half-way through the Spring 2020 semester and this course. We haven't been required to write a blog post in a few weeks, so I'll fill in you in with what's been going on. I have actually been enrolled in two programs - this one (OMT) at LCCC and also a Paralegal Associate Degree program at Penn Foster. I put my program learning on hold at Penn Foster to get back into the groove at LCCC. I haven't taken a class at the college since about 2012 and I wasn't sure how much it would affect my lifestyle with working full time. I seem to be handling one class at a time ok, I may try to take 2 over the summer. I did manage to challenge/test out of two LCCC classes this semester which will help me get to my degree sooner. I'm happy about that.

 

Speaking of LCCC, the college has decided to suspend face-to-face classes in favor of online learning in the wake of the novel Coronavirus outbreak. This doesn't affect me as I do most of my classes online. It may at some point become an issue for other students. I know the college is handling it the best it can. My kids, who are in Jr. and Sr. HS at the Lake-Lehman school district have school off at least for 10 days.

I visited Pittsburgh a week ago to see the Pittsburgh Penguins play and visit some other touristy things. My boyfriend and I had a good time and look forward to visiting the city again some day. I was lucky to see my first NHL game before the Coronavirus put an end to the season.


After all of that, I'm ready for some upcoming medical appointments that I have been putting off. I have an MRI next month and some blood work to tackle before that. Next month as well, I'll be back in court getting my name changed after my divorce. I did the research and will be changing it back to the name that my great-grandparents were naturalized with.


As a final update, I'm posting an image that I made using Adobe Spark which was a tool I've never played with before. It allows you to make stunning web graphics to promote your brand. It reminds me ever so slightly of Canva. I also invite you to take my Twitter poll (embedded below). I'm interested to see if the other class members will be continuing on with their blogs? Let me know or leave a comment on my post!



Stay safe fellow classmates and readers, be sure to wash your hands and follow the CDC's guidelines for COVID-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment