Saturday, March 21, 2020

Flavors of Social Media (CIS-141 Week 9)

For week 9, we were to review 4 different social media platforms, create an account on each (or use an existing one), complete a small assignment in each one and then share our assignments with the other students in our class. The social media platforms in question are YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and WHATSAPP! I already have accounts in the first three listed above, but have never used WHATSAPP! and do not plan to set it up or install it. I will list my experiences with YouTube, IG and Pinterest below.




My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mhryvnak

As you can see, I have a few videos on YouTube. I have several others that are hidden from the general public. It is my plan to create a video for this class for extra credit, I just haven't had a chance to do it yet. I spend a lot of time daily watching YouTubers. Some of my favorites are Binging with Babish, Jenna & Julien and Sam the Cooking Guy, just to name a few.
















My Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/mhryvnak/

I've been using Instagram for awhile and have a pretty strong following over on that platform though I don't post on it much. I usually only post photos on special occasions or ones that I want to highlight on a trip or experience. I do not follow many (if any) influencer accounts. Just friends and family. Below I will embed the last two photos I added to my account for the purpose of this class. One is my brand logo and the other one is my Spark photo I created for the last week's assignment. I used the hashtag #LCCC141 to follow some of the other students.















My Pinterest Account: https://www.pinterest.com/mhryvnak/
My Pinterest Board for LCCC-141: https://www.pinterest.com/mhryvnak/board-for-lccc-cis-141/

I've been using Pinterest for as long as it's been out. It's a good source for inspirations, vision boards, and recipes! I use it at least once a week if not more to look up recipe ideas (along with YouTube). I am not as active as I once was on it, but I still post every once in a while. A long time ago, I was on a show called ComputerWise TV which is located in the Lehigh Valley area to talk about Pinterest. I'll embed that video down below. Think of Pinterest as your virtual corkboard.




I hope everyone is staying calm, sane and safe during this Coronavirus outbreak and self-isolation. I'll see you back here next week - same bat time, same bat channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment